home about events design services portfolio find us shop

pie in the sky dreams

10.01.2012

*beware*  wordy post ahead 


I am an avid blog reader.  I check in with my favorite blogs on an almost daily basis.  There are about 30 blogs in my Google Reader feed, but out of those I have only a handful of favorites.  One of those favorites is a name you've seen here numerous times...the beloved Miss Mustard Seed.  If you read her blog today you'll know where I 'm going with this 'pie in the sky' post, if not, you can read it here.  I've always been a little hesitant to put too many goals out into the universe out of fear that I would look silly if they don't come to fruition.  But I'm letting all of that go.


For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of having a little shoppe.  In my dreams, this little shoppe may not have looked identical to D'Bohemia, but I'd have to say the comparison is pretty darn close.



  I feel blessed to be able to say I've made this dream of mine come true in the past year.  A lot of blood, sweat, and tears have been poured into getting this business going, but when I stop and think for a moment, I realize how far I've come.



Even with D'Bohemia up and running I haven't stopped dreaming.  I'm a dreamer by nature.  Always have been and probably always will be.  Now that Amy of HousePrint and I have joined forces {more on that in another post}, we have some pretty big 'pie in the sky' dreams for D'Bohemia that we're ready to share.  Here goes nothing.


1. Have D'Bohemia featured in Country Living and/or Better Homes & Gardens {our favorites}


2. Become a go-to destination for one-of-a-kind finds and home decor with timeless style


3. Begin offering design/decorating services to help our customers bring a little bit of D'Bohemia style into their own homes


4. Launch a D'Bohemia fabric collection


5. Open more than one D'Bohemia location {always local though}


I told you these were some pretty lofty goals, but hey we can dream right?  For now we'll get back to doing what we do best.



Thank you Miss Mustard Seed for giving us the idea to step out of our comfort zone and put this out there for everyone to see.  We'll see what the future holds.

3 comments:

Post a Comment